In this article, we will show you, How to add Image to Power BI dashboard with practical example. For this demonstration, we are going to use Sixth dashboard that we shown below.
How to add Image to Power BI Dashboard
In order to add image or logo to the existing Power BI dashboard, please click on the Add tile button
Clicking on the Add tile button will open the following window. Please select the Image under the Media section, and click Next button
Under the Add Image tile section, we have
- Display Title and subtitle: Please check mark this option to display the title and subtitle of an Image.
- Title: Specify the Image title
- Subtitle: Please provide the subtitle for this Image
- URL: Please provide the Image URL.
In this example, we want to insert Stored Procedure Image from our website. So, let me use the same.
From the below screenshot, you can see the image in our dashboard
As you can see from the below screenshot, we also added the Title, Subtitle to this image.
Click Apply button
Now you can see the Image with Tile, and Subtitle inside our Dashboard.
Let me edit the Image tile
As you can see from the below screenshot, it has few more options inside it
- Set Custom Link: Please check mark this option to provide custom link to this Image.
- External Link: If you select this option then you have to specify the Image URL
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option then you have to select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace
- URL: Please provide the external Image URL.
If you check mark this Set Custom Link then the Image that we specified in our previous step will remain same. However, it creates a Hyperlink which will link to another URL, or another dashboard or Report.
If you select Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option, then you can use the Drop down list to select the Report, or dashboard available in this workspace
For the demo purpose, we are selecting Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option, and selected fourth dashboard
As you can see from the below screenshot, our Image is remained same. But, if you click on the image will take you to the Fourth Dashboard.
Let me click on it
Now you can see the Fourth dashboard.
This time, we are selecting the External link and added our POWER BI link as the External link
As you can see from the below screenshot, there is no change in our image. But, if you click on the image it will open our web page
You can see the web page