How to add Image to Power BI dashboard with a practical example?. For this Add Image to Power BI Dashboard demonstration, we are going to use the Sixth dashboard.
How to add Image to Power BI Dashboard
In order to add an image or logo to the existing Power BI dashboard, please click on the Add tile button
Clicking on the Add tile button opens the following window. Please select the Image under the Media section and click the Next button.
Under the Add Image to Power BI Dashboard tile section, we have
- Display Title and subtitle: Please checkmark this option to display the title and subtitle of an Image.
- Title: Specify the Image title
- Subtitle: Please provide the subtitle for this Image
- URL: Please provide the Image URL.
From the screenshot below, you can see the image in our Power BI dashboard
As you can see from the below screenshot, we also added the Title and Subtitle to this image.
Click the Apply button
Now you can see the Image with Tile and Subtitle inside our Power BI Dashboard.
Let me edit the Image tile
As you can see from the below screenshot, it has few more options inside it
- Set Custom Link: Please check mark this option to provide a custom link to this Image.
- External Link: If you select this option then you have to specify the Image URL
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option then you have to select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace
- URL: Please provide the external Image URL.
If you checkmark this Set Custom Link, then the Image that we specified in our previous step remains the same. However, it creates a Hyperlink that links to another URL or another dashboard or Report.
If you select Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option, then you can use the Dropdown list to select the Report, or dashboard available in this workspace.
For the Add Image to Power BI Dashboard demo purpose, we were selecting Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option and selected the fourth dashboard.
As you can see from the screenshot below, our Image remained the same. But, if you click on the image, it takes you to the Fourth Dashboard.
Let me click on it
Now you can see the Fourth dashboard.
This time, we are selecting the External link and added our POWER BI link as the External link
As you can see from the screenshot below, there is no change in our image. But, if you click on the image, it opens our web page
You can see the web page