In this Informatica tutorial, we will show you the step-by-step process of connecting with different data sources. Next, extract data from the data source, and transform the data using transformations. The last section of this covers the creating session and workflow and loads data into the destination with screenshots.
Informatica is the Market Leader in ETL tools, and over 5800 enterprises depend on this complete data integration solution. This business intelligence tool is mainly used to build powerful business applications for data extraction from Source(s), transforming and loading data into the target(s). This page explains everything about this data integration tool or ETL tool. Use this Informatica to learn all its features.
The Power Center Client contains different applications or tools that help to design Mappings and Mapplets. Use this PowerCenter client to create a Session and WorKflow.
Informatica Tutorial Introduction
This data integration tool is a complete data integration solution provided by Oracle to perform data extraction from database management systems, perform data cleansing to process data, and load it into data warehousing or target database.
This is an introduction to this Informatica, which covers the installation of the data integration tool, configuring Powercenter, Workflows, etc.
The PowerCenter application allows to load or extract data from multiple sources (Source Qualifier) or data warehouses. Next, transform the data as per the business requirements (transformation). And loads the processed data into the destination table (Target Designer).
- How to Download the Software
- Step by Step approach to installing Software
- How to Configure the Repository Service & Integration Service
- PowerCenter Repository Manager
- Introduction to PowerCenter Designer
- PowerCenter Source Analyzer
- Introduction to Workflow Manager
- Introduction to Workflow Monitor
Informatica Tutorial on Data Connections
The PowerCenter accesses information or data from different sources. They are Flat files, XML, Relational Databases, SAP Hana, Teradata, Mainframes, Excel, and Access. Similarly, it supports the same destinations to load data.
This section of Informatica Tutorial covers the different types of Data Connections and teaches basic ETL operations such as extraction, transformation, and load.
- ODBC Connection
- Import from Relational Database
- How to Import from Flat File
- Import from Excel Workbook
- Move Data from One SQL Database to another Database
- Export from SQL Server to Flat File
- Load From Text File to SQL Server
- Load Multiple Text Files into SQL Server
This section covers the list of available Transformations.
- List of Transformations
- Filter Transformation
- Java Transformation
- Joiner Transformation
- Rank Transformation
- Rank Transformation with Group By
- Router Transformation
- Sequence Generator
- Sorter Transformation
- Sorter Transformation – Remove Duplicates
- Source Qualifier
- SQL Transformation
- Stored procedure Transformation
- Transaction Control
- Union Transformation
- Update Strategy
- Update Strategy using Session Properties
- Example for Update Strategy
- XML Generator
- XML Parser
- XMLSource Qualifier
- Pre SQL and Post SQL
Learn Informatica Sessions & Mappings
This section explains the creation of Informatics Sessions, Mapping, and Workflow. These are very helpful in running the applications.
This section of the Informatica tutorial is the most important section for learning data management. Because of its reusability in all the transformations.