In this Informatica tutorial, we will show you the step by step process to connect with different data sources. Next, extract data from data source, transform the data using transformations. Last section of this Informatica tutorial covers the creating session and workflow, and load data into the destination with screenshots.
What is Informatica ETL Tools?
Informatica is the Market Leader in ETL tools, and over 5800 enterprises depend on this complete data integration solution. This Informatica business intelligence tool is mainly used to build powerful business applications for data extraction from Source(s), transforming and loading data into the target(s). On this page, we explain everything about this data integration tool or ETL tool. Use this Informatica tutorial to learn all its features.
The Informatica Power Center Client contains different applications or tools that help to design Mappings and Mapplets. Use this PowerCenter client to create a Session and WorKflow.
Informatica Tutorial Introduction
Informatica data integration tool is a complete data integration solution provided by the Oracle to perform data extraction from database management systems, perform data cleansing to process data, load into data ware housing or target database.
This is an introduction to this Informatica tutorial, which covers, installation of the data integration tool, configuring Powercenter, Workflows etc.
The Informatica PowerCenter application allows to load or extract data from multiple sources (Source Qualifier) or data warehouses. Next, transform the data as per the business requirements (transformation). And loads the processed data into the destination table (Target Designer).
- How to Download Informatica
- Step by Step approach to installing Software
- How to Configure the Repository Service & Integration Service
- PowerCenter Repository Manager
- Introduction to PowerCenter Designer
- PowerCenter Source Analyzer
- Introduction to Workflow Manager
- Introduction to Workflow Monitor
Informatica Tutorial on Data Connections
The Informatica PowerCenter accesses the information or data from different sources. They are Flat files, XML, Relational Databases, SAP Hana, Teradata, Mainframes, Excel, and Access. Similarly, it supports the same destinations to load data. This section of Informatica Tutorial covers the different types of Data Connections, and learn basic ETL operations such as extraction, transformation, and load.
- ODBC Connection
- Import from Relational Database
- How to Import from Flat File
- Import from Excel Workbook
- Move Data from One SQL Database to another Database
- Export from SQL Server to Flat File
- Load From Text File to SQL Server
- Load Multiple Text Files into SQL Server
Informatica Tutorial on Transformations
This section of Informatica tutorial covers the list of available Transformations.
- List of Transformations
- Filter Transformation
- Java Transformation
- Joiner Transformation
- Informatica Lookup tutorial.
- Rank Transformation
- Rank Transformation with Group By
- Router Transformation
- Sequence Generator
- Sorter Transformation
- Sorter Transformation – Remove Duplicates
- Source Qualifier
- SQL Transformation
- Stored procedure Transformation
- Transaction Control
- Union Transformation
- Update Strategy
- Update Strategy using Session Properties
- Example for Update Strategy
- XML Generator
- XML Parser
- XMLSource Qualifier
- Pre SQL and Post SQL
Learn Informatica Sessions & Mappings
This Informatica tutorial section explains the creation of Informatics Sessions, Mapping, and Workflow. These are very helpful to run the applications.
This section of Informatica tutorial is the most important section for learning data management. Because of its reusability in all the transformations.