In this Informatica tutorial, we will show you the step by step process to connect with different data sources. Next, extract data from data source, transform the data using transformations. Last section of this Informatica tutorial covers the creating session and workflow, and load data into the destination with screenshots.
What is Informatica ETL Tool?
Informatica is the Market Leader in ETL tools, and over 5800 enterprises depend on it. The Informatica is mainly used to build powerful business applications for extracting data from Source(s), transforming and loading data into the target(s). In this Informatica tutorial page, we explain everything about this ETL tool.
The Informatica PowerCenter Client contains different applications or tools that help to design Mappings and Mapplets. Use this PowerCenter client to create a Session and WorKflow.
This is an introduction to this Informatica tutorial, which covers, installation of Informatica, configuring Power center, Workflows etc.
Informatica PowerCenter application allows to load or extract data from multiple sources (Source Qualifier), transform the data as per the business requirements(transformation), and loads the processed data into the destination table (Target Designer).
- How to Download Informtica
- Step by Step approach to installing InformaticaSoftware
- How to Configure the Repository Service & Integration Service
- PowerCenter Repository Manager
- Introduction to PowerCenter Designer
- PowerCenter Source Analyzer
- Introduction to Workflow Manager
- Introduction to Workflow Monitor
Informatica Data Connections Tutorial
Informatica PowerCenter accesses the information or data from different sources such as Flat files, XML, Relational Databases, SAP Hana, Teradata, Mainframes, Excel, and Access. Similarly, Informatica supports the same destinations to load data. This section of Informatica Tutorial covers the different types of Data Connections, and basic ETL operations.
- ODBC Connection
- Import Data from Relational Database
- How to Import Data from Flat File
- Import Data from Excel Workbook
- Move Data from One SQL Database to another Database
- Export Data from SQL Server to Flat File
- Load Data From Text File to SQL Server
- Load Multiple Text Files into SQL Server
Informatica Tutorial on Transformations
This section of Informatica tutorial covers the list of available Transformations.
- List of Transformations
- Aggregator Transformation
- Expression Transformation
- Filter Transformation
- Java Transformation
- Joiner Transformation
- Lookup Transformation
- Normalizer Transformation
- Rank Transformation
- Rank Transformation with Group By
- Router Transformation
- Sequence Generator Transformation
- Sorter Transformation
- Sorter Transformation – Remove Duplicates
- Source Qualifier Transformation
- SQL Transformation
- Stored procedure Transformation
- Transaction Control Transformation
- Union Transformation
- Update Strategy Transformation
- Update Strategy using Session Properties
- Example for Update Strategy
- XML Generator Transformation
- XML Parser Transformation
- XMLSource Qualifier Transformation
- Pre SQL and Post SQL
Informatica Sessions & Mappings
This Informatica tutorial section explains the creation of Informatics Sessions, Mapping, and Workflow. This section of Informatica tutorial is the most important section because of its reusability in all the transformations.