In this article we will show you, How to install Informatica (irrespective of the version) with screenshot. Installing the informatica includes following steps so, Please follow the steps in the same order we mentioned below:
- Step 1: Informatica Server Installation
- Step 2: Configure Informatica Repository Service and Informatica Integration Service. Please refer Informatica Admin Console article to configure the Repository and Integration services.
- Step 3: Informatica Client Installation
Before we start installing informatica,
- We need Database Server (SQL or Oracle)
- Create a Database inside your server. Remember this will be assigned while creating Informatica Domain. Refer Step 5B
- Create a database User and provide the administrator credentials to the above created database. We are going to use this user credentials while connecting to database. Refer Step 5B
TIP: Please refer Download Informatica article to understand the steps involved in downloading Informatica 9.6.1
Step by Step process to install Informatica
Once you extracted the dac_win_11g_infa_win_64bit_961 zip file, four ZIP files and one KEY file will be opened. Please select and extract all of them. Following screenshot will show you the ZIP files and extracted folders.
Informatica Server Installation
Please navigate your file system to Server folder and click on the install.exe application as shown below
Step 1: Once you click on install application, Informatica installation wizard will be opened as shown below. Here we have two options:
- If you are installing informatica for the first time (like we do) then, select install informatica 9.6.1 option.
- If you are upgrading from the previous version such as 9.5 or any other then, please select Upgrade to informatica 9.6.1
Step 2: Here you can verify the Disk space, Software and Hardware requirements to install informatica
Step 3: Here we have to select the Oracle licence key so click on the … button besides the first text box. This will open our file system to navigate and select the Oracle licence key. From the below screenshot you can observe that, we selected the key from Inf Soft folder.
NOTE: Here you an also change the default installation directory
Step 4: Click Next button to start installing informatica server
Step 5: Please wait until it install 100%
Step 5A: Here we have multiple options. If you are installing for the first time, Please leave the default settings and click Next button:
- Create a Domain: This option will help you to create informatica domain. If you are installing for the first time then select this option. (Default)
- Join a Domain: You can select this option, if you want to join the existing domain that was already created in your previous installation.
Step 5B: Within the First section, we have to configure the database settings.
- Database type: Please select your database type you are using.
- Database User ID: Please provide the Username to connect with the database
- User Password: Please provide the password of the above mentioned database user
Within the second section we have Database connection:
- Database address: Please provide the Host name and Port number of the above specified database. Default port number for SQL Server is 1433
- Database Services Name: Please provide the name of the database you already created.
Please fill your database details. Before you click on Next button, Please test your connection setting by clicking on Test Connection button.
Step 5C: Here we have to specify the encryption key details (which is a combination of upper case, lower case and a special character). This is just for domain security
Step 6: Please provide the Domain password and confirm it by retyping it.
- These are the credentials that we are going to use to log in to the Informatica Admin Console. So, Please note down the Domain user name as User name and Domain password as the password.
- Please note down the Domain Name, Host name and port Number because, we are going to use these values while Adding the Domains and Repository services in Informatica Repository.
Step 6: If you want the informatica service under different account then please check mark the Run Informatica under a different user account option and provide the user name and password.
Once you click on the next button, following screenshot will be displayed. From the below screenshot you can observe that, We successfully installed the Informatica Server into our local hard drive
Please click Informatica Administrator home page URL to open the Informatica Admin Console. Within the Home page, we have to configure the Informatica repository Service and Informatica Integration Service. Please refer Informatica Admin Console article to understand the same.
Informatica Client Installation
Once you completed configuring the Informatica repository Service and Integration Service. Please navigate your file system to Client folder and click on the install batch file as shown below
Step 1: Once you click on install batch file, Informatica installation wizard will be opened as shown below. Here we have two options:
- If you are installing informatica client for the first time (like we do) then, select install informatica 9.6.1 Clients option.
- If you are upgrading from the previous version such as 9.5 or any other Client then, select Upgrade to informatica 9.6.1 Clients
Step 3: Please select all the check marks and click Next button
Step 4: Here you can leave the default installation directory or change by clicking the … button as shown below
Step 4A: Here we have multiple options to choose:
- Install Data Transformation Studio and a Standalone copy of Eclipse: If you are installing the informatica for the first time then, Please select this option because this will create a standalone copy of Eclipse
- Install Data Transformation Studio on an existing Eclipse installation: This option will add the development environment to the existing installation of eclipse
Click Next button to start installing informatica client
Step 6: Please wait until it install 100%
From the below screenshot you can observe that, we successfully installed informatica client
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog