In this article, we will show you how to install Informatica (irrespective of the version) with the screenshots. Installing the Informatica includes following steps so, Please follow the steps in the same order we mentioned below:
- Step 1: Informatica Server Installation
- Step 2: Configure Informatica Repository Service and Informatica Integration Service. Please refer Informatica Admin Console article to configure the Repository and Integration Services.
- Step 3: Informatica Client Installation
Before we start installing Informatica,
- We need Database Server (SQL or Oracle)
- Create a Database inside your server. Remember, this will be assigned while creating the Informatica Domain. Refer Step 5B
- Create a database User and provide the administrator credentials to the above-created database. We are going to use this user credentials while connecting to the database. Refer Step 5B
TIP: Please refer Download Informatica article to understand the steps involved in downloading Informatica 9.6.1
Step by Step process to install Informatica
Once you extracted the dac_win_11g_infa_win_64bit_961 zip file, four ZIP files and one KEY file will open. Please select and extract all of them. The following screenshot will show you the ZIP files and extracted folders.
Informatica Server Installation
Please navigate your file system to the Server folder and click on the install.exe application as shown below
Step 1: Once you click on the install application, the Informatica installation wizard will open, as shown below. Here we have two options:
- If you are installing Informatica for the first time (like we do) then, select install Informatica 9.6.1 option.
- If you are upgrading from the previous version such as 9.5 or any other then, please select Upgrade to Informatica 9.6.1
Step 2: Here you can verify the Disk space, Software and Hardware requirements to install Informatica
Step 3: Here, we have to select the Oracle license key. So click on the … button beside the first text box. It opens our file system to navigate and select the Oracle license key. From the below screenshot, you can observe that we picked the key from Inf Soft folder.
NOTE: Here you can also change the default installation directory
Step 4: Click the Next button to start installing the Informatica server
5th Step: Please wait until it installs 100%
Step 5A: Here, we have multiple options. If you are installing Informatica for the first time, please leave the default settings and click the Next button:
- Create a Domain: This option will help you to create the Informatica domain. If you are installing for the first time, then select this option. (Default)
- Join a Domain: You can select this option if you want to join the existing domain that already created in your previous installation.
Step 5B: Within the first section, we have to configure the database settings.
- Database type: Please select the database type you are using.
- Database User ID: Please provide the Username to connect with the database
- User Password: Please provide the password of the database user as mentioned above
Within the second section, we have a Database connection:
- Database address: Please provide the Hostname and Port number of the above-specified database. Default port number for SQL Server is 1433
- Database Services Name: Please provide the name of the database you already created.
Please fill your database details. Before you click on the Next button, Please test your connection setting by clicking on the Test Connection button.
Step 5C: Here, we have to specify the encryption key details (which is a combination of upper case, lower case, and a special character). It is just for domain security
Step 6: Please provide the Domain password and confirm it by retyping it.
- These are the credentials that we are going to use to log in to the Informatica Admin Console. So, Please note down the Domain username as Username and Domain password as the password.
- Please note down the Domain Name, Hostname, and port number. Because we are going to use these values while Adding the Domains and Repository services in the Informatica Repository.
Step 6: If you want the Informatica service under a different account, then please checkmark the Run Informatica under a different user account option and provide the username and password.
Once you click on the next button, the following screenshot will be displayed. From the below screenshot you can observe that We successfully installed the Informatica Server into our local hard drive
Please click the Informatica Administrator home page URL to open the Informatica Admin Console. Within the Home page, we have to configure the Informatica Repository Service and Informatica Integration Service.
Informatica Client Installation
Once you completed configuring the Informatica Repository Service and Integration Service. Please navigate your file system to Client folder and click on the install batch file as shown below
Step 1: Once you click on the install batch file, the Informatica installation wizard will open. Here we have two options:
- If you are installing Informatica client for the first time (like we do) then, select install Informatica 9.6.1 Clients option.
- If you are upgrading from the previous version such as 9.5 or any other Client then, select Upgrade to Informatica 9.6.1 Clients
Step 3: Please select all the checkmarks and click the Next button
Step 4: Here, you can leave the default installation directory or change by clicking the … button
Step 4A: Here, we have multiple options to choose from:
- Install Data Transformation Studio and a Standalone copy of Eclipse: If you are installing the Informatica for the first time, please select this option. Because this will create a standalone copy of Eclipse
- Install Data Transformation Studio on an existing Eclipse installation: This option will add the development environment to the existing installation of Eclipse
Click the Next button to start installing Informatica client
Step 6: Please wait until it installs 100%
From the below screenshot, you can observe that we successfully installed Informatica client