Generally, an Informatica Workflow Manager workflow contains a Session Task, Command Task, Event Wait Task, Email Task, etc. It also helps you to schedule the Mappings.
Informatica PowerCenter Workflow Manager has an import option called Worklet designer, Which is used to combine (group) one or more tasks to make a Powerful task.
Informatica Workflow Manager
To open the Informatica Workflow Manager, Please Go to the Start menu -> All Programs -> Informatica -> PowerCenter Workflow Manager. Once you click on that, the following window opened.
Before we start designing, we have to connect with the Repository Service. So, Please select and Right Click the PowerCenter Repository Service (INF_Repository) under the repository section and select the Connect option
To connect with the PowerCenter Workflow Manager, we have to provide the Admin Console credentials. So, Please provide the Username and Password.
TIP: Here, you have to provide the Admin Username and password that you specified while installing the Informatica Server.
Once you connected successfully, the following window is displayed. If you observe the below screenshot, you can see the folders. To see the existing Tasks, Worklets, and Workflows or to create them, right-click on the folder and select Open from Context menu.
Clicking the Open will show the following window. The following screenshot will show the list of available tools inside the Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Navigator: This section will allow us to connect with the Informatica Repository services. Next, navigate between Different Folders such as Tasks, Sessions, Worklets, and Workflows.
- Work space: Use this section to create Tasks, Sessions, and Workflows.
- Output window: In this section, You can check whether the Task or Workflow is Valid or not, find the Errors.
- Task Developer: This allows us to create Tasks such as Session Task, Email Task, etc.
- Worklet Designer: This allows us to create Worklets
- Workflow Designer: Using this Designer, you can create a workflow by connecting the tasks. We already explained the Workflows in our previous article.
Expand the Workflows folder to see the existing Workflows in the Workflow Manager
To work with any of the workflows, Sessions, Tasks, Worklets, right-click on it and select the Open from the context menu.