The Informatica Workflow Manager is used to create a Workflow. A workflow is nothing but a set of instructions to execute the Mappings that we designed in the PowerCenter Designer. Generally, a workflow contains a Session Task, Command Task, Event Wait Task, Email Task etc. It also helps you to schedule the Mappings.
Informatica PowerCenter Workflow Manager has an import option called Worklet designer, Which is used to combine (group) one or more task to make a Powerful task.
Informatica Workflow Manager
In order to open the Informatica Workflow Manager, Please Go to the Start menu -> All Programs -> Informatica -> PowerCenter Workflow Manager. Once you click on that, following window will be opened.
Before we start designing we have to connect with the Repository Service so, Please select and Right Click the PowerCenter Repository Service (INF_Repository) under the repository section and select the Connect option
In order to connect with PowerCenter Repository service we have to provide the Informatica Admin Console credentials so, Please provide the Username and Password.
TIP: Here you have to provide the Admin Username and password that you specified while installing the Informatica Server.
Once you connected successfully, following window will be displayed. If you observe the below screenshot, you can see the folders. In order to see the existing Tasks, Worklets, and Workflows or to create them please right-click on the folder and select Open from Context menu.
Clicking the Open will show the following window. Following screenshot will show the list of available tools inside the Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Navigator: This section is will allow us to connect with the Informatica Repository services and navigate between Different Folders such as Tasks, Sessions, Worklets, and Workflows.
- Work space: This section is used to create Tasks, Sessions, Workflows.
- Output window: In this section, You can check whether the Task or Workflow is Valid or not. To find the Errors.
- Task Developer: This allow us to create Tasks such as Session Task, Email Task etc.
- Worklet Designer: This allow us to create Worklets
- Workflow Designer: Using this designer you can create a workflow by connecting the tasks. We already explained the Workflows in our previous article.
Expand the Workflows folder to see the existing Workflows
In order to work with any of the workflow, Sessions, Tasks, Worklets, right-click on it and select the Open from the context menu.
Thank You for visiting Our Blog