To perform Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL operations), we require Source Data, Target tables, and Transformations (if needed). Informatica Source Analyzer allows us to create our source definitions, Modify already existing definitions.
Informatica Source Analyzer also allows us to Import data from various sources, including Flat Files, Relational Databases, XML definitions, Excel Worksheets, etc.
Available Sources in Informatica Source Analyzer
To connect with the Informatica Repository service, provide the Admin Console credentials. So, Please provide the appropriate Username and Password and click on the Connect button, as shown below.
Once you connect successfully, Please navigate to the Tools menu in Menu Bar. The following screenshot shows the available tools inside the PowerCenter Designer. In this article, we are explaining the Informatica Source Analyzer. So please select the Source Analyzer option.
Once you select the above shown option, we will be on the Source Analyzer screen.
TIP: Source Menu in the Menu bar will be available only when you are in the Source Analyzer section. Otherwise, it will hide.
Next, Please navigate to the Sources menu in Menu Bar. From the following screenshot, you can observe the list of available inside the Informatica Source Analyzer. They are
- Import from Database: This option allows us to import source data from the relational database. The PowerCenter supports various relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA, Sybase, Teradata, etc.
- Import from File: This option allows us to import source data from flat files that are separated by Delimiter or fixed width.
- Web Service: The PowerCenter helps us to import data from the web services
- Import from COBOL File: This option allows us to import source data from COBOL files.
- Import XML Definition: This option allows us to import XML definition
- Create: This option will enable us to create our data source from scratch.
- Import from PeopleSoft: This option allows us to import source data from PeopleSoft.
- Import from Salesforce.com: This option allows us to import source data from salesforce.com