In order to perform Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL operations) we require Source Data, Target tables and Transformations (if required). Informatica Source Analyzer allows us to create our own source definitions, Modify already existing source definitions and also allows us to Import source data from various sources includes Flat Files, Relational Databases, XML definitions, Excel Worksheets etc
Available Sources in Informatica Source Analyzer
In order to connect with the Informatica Repository service, we have to provide the Informatica Admin Console credentials. So, Please provide the appropriate Username and Password and click on Connect button as shown below.
TIP: Here you have to provide the Admin Username and password that you specified while installing the Informatica Server.
Once you connected successfully, Please navigate to Tools menu in Menu Bar. Following screenshot will show the list of available tools inside the Informatica PowerCenter Designer. In this article we are explaining about the informatica Source Analyzer so please select the Source Analyzer option.
Once you select the Source Analyzer option, we will be in the Source Analyzer screen.
TIP: Source Menu in the Menu bar will be available only when you are in the Source Analyzer section otherwise, it will be hidden.
Next, Please navigate to Sources menu in Menu Bar. From the following screenshot, you can observe the list of available sources inside the Informatica PowerCenter Designer. They are
- Import from Database: This option allows us to import source data from the relational database. Informatica PowerCenter supports various relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA, Sybase, Teradata etc.
- Import from File: This option allows us to import source data from flat files which are separated by Delimiter or fixed width.
- Import from COBOL File: This option allows us to import source data from COBOL files.
- Import XML Definition: This option allows us to import XML definition
- Import from PeopleSoft: This option allows us to import source data from peoplesoft.
- Web Service: Informatica PowerCenter helps us to import data from the web services
- Import from Salesforce.com: This option allows us to import source data from salesforce.com
- Create: This option allows us to create our own data source from scratch.
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog