In order to perform Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL operations) we require Source Data, Target tables and Transformations (if required). The Target Designer in Informatica allow us to create our own destination tables, Modify already existing target definitions and also allows us to Import target definitions from various sources includes Flat Files, Relational Databases, XML definitions, Excel Worksheets etc
Target Designer in Informatica
Before we start doing anything, First connect to Informatica repository service. In order to connect with Repository service we have to provide the Informatica Admin Console credentials so, Please provide the appropriate Username and Password and click on Connect button as shown below.
TIP: Here you have to provide the Admin Username and password that you specified while installing the Informatica Server.
Once you connected successfully, Please navigate to Tools menu in Menu Bar. Following screenshot will show the list of available tools inside the Informatica PowerCenter Designer. In this article we are explaining about the Target Designer in Informatica so please select the Target Designer option.
Once you select the Target Designer option, we will be in the Target Designer screen.
TIP: Target Menu in the Menu bar will be available only when you are in Target Designer section otherwise, it will be hidden.
Next, Please navigate to Targets menu in Menu Bar. From the following screenshot you can observe the list of available targets inside the Informatica PowerCenter Designer. They are
- Import from Database: This option allows us to import destination table(s) from relational database. Informatica PowerCenter supports various relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA, Sybase, Teradata etc.
- Import from File: This option allows us to import target file from flat files which are separated by Delimiter or fixed width.
- Import from COBOL File: This option allows us to export source data to COBOL files.
- Import XML Definition: This option allows us to import XML definition as a target or destination
- Import from PeopleSoft: This option allows to use peoplesoft as target or destination.
- Web Service: Informatica PowerCenter helps us to use the web services as target or destination
- Import from Salesforce.com: This option allows us to use salesforce.com as target or destination
- Create: This option allows us to create our own data target table from scratch.
- Create Cube: This option allows us to create multidimensional cube.
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog