In this article, we will show you the step by step approach to share Power BI dashboard across your organization with practical example. Before we start sharing the dashboard, let me show you the existing dashboards in my Power BI workspace.
To view them, please click on the Power BI My Workspace, and then go to the dashboards tab. As you can see from the below screenshot, currently there are five dashboards in my workspace.
In this example, we will share the Fourth Dashboard. Let me click on the dashboard to see the visuals on it.
How to Share Power BI Dashboard
From the below screenshot, you can see the visuals available on this dashboard
In order to share this dashboard, click on the Share button on Top right side as we shown below.
Clicking the Share button will open the Share Dashboard window.
- Grant To: Please provide the Email Ids to whom you want to share this dashboard.
- Optional Message: You can write a Custom Message
- Allow recipient to share your dashboard: This will allow recipient to share this dashboard to other people in his team.
- Send Email Notification to recipient: Sends an email about this report.
- Dashboard Link: This is the actual link of this dashboard.
Let me share this report with Kishore, who is working in the same organization
Let me open the Power BI service with Kishore account. Under the Shared With Me tab, you can see the dashboard that was shared by Suresh.
Let me show you the profile to confirm that I was logged in as Kishore.