Let me show you the step by step approach to share Power BI dashboard across your organization with a practical example. Before we start sharing the Power BI dashboard, let me show you the existing dashboards in my Power BI workspace.
To view them, please click on the Power BI My Workspace, and then go to the dashboards tab. As you can see from the screenshot below, currently there are five dashboards in my workspace.
In this example, we share the Fourth Dashboard. Let me click on the dashboard to see the visuals on it.
How to Share Power BI Dashboard
From the below My workspace screenshot, you can see the visuals available on this dashboard.
In order to share this Power BI dashboard, click on the Share button on the top right side, as we showed below.
Clicking the Share button opens the Share Dashboard window.
- Grant To: Please provide the Email Ids to whom you want to share this dashboard.
- Optional Message: You can write a Custom Message
- Allow recipient to share your dashboard: This allows the recipient to share this dashboard to other people in his team.
- Send Email Notification to the recipient: Sends an email about this report.
- Dashboard Link: This is the actual link of this Power BI dashboard.
Let me share this report with Kishore, who is working in the same organization
Let me open the Power BI service with the Kishore account. Under the Shared With Me tab, you can see the dashboard that was shared by Suresh.
Let me show you the profile to confirm that I logged in as Kishore.