In this article, we show you the step by step approach to sharing a report in Power BI across your organization with a practical example. Before we start sharing, let me show you the existing reports in my workspace.
Please click on My Workspace to view them and then go to the Reports tab. As you can see from the screenshot below, currently, there are three in my Workspace. In this Power BI Share a Report example, we will distribute the selected RPT1. Let me open this to see the visuals in it.
How to Share a Report in Power BI
From the below workspace screenshot, there are 22 pages in this.
In order to distribute this report, click on the Share button in the top right corner.
Clicking the button opens the Power BI Share Report window.
- Grant To: Please provide the Email Ids to whom you want to exchange.
- Optional Message: You can write a Custom Message
- Allow the recipient: This allows the recipient to distribute this with other people in his team.
- Send Email Notification to the recipient: Sends an email about this.
- Share report with Current Filters and Slicers: It distributes this along with the Filters that I applied, and Slicers that I used.
Let me share this with Kishore, who is working in the same organization
You can see that it is successful.
Let me open the Power BI service with the Kishore account
Under the Shared With Me tab, you can check the Report that was sent by the user Suresh.
You can click on that to see the Visuals