In this article, we show you the step by step approach to share a report in Power BI across your organization with a practical example. Before we start sharing Power BI reports, let me show you the existing reports in my Power BI workspace.
To view them, please click on the Power BI My Workspace, and then go to the Reports tab. As you can see from the screenshot below, currently there are three reports in my Workspace. In this Share a Report in Power BI example, we share the Basic Reports in the RPT1 report. Let me open the report to see the visuals in it.
How to Share a Report in Power BI
From the below workspace screenshot, there are 22 pages in this report.
In order to share this report, click on the Share button on the top right corner.
Clicking the Share button opens the Power BI Share Report window.
- Grant To: Please provide the Email Ids to whom you want to share.
- Optional Message: You can write a Custom Message
- Allow the recipient to share your report: This allows the recipient to share this report with other people in his team.
- Send Email Notification to recipient: Sends an email about this report.
- Share report with Current Filters and Slicers: This shares the report along with the Filters that I applied, and Slicers that I used.
Let me share this report with Kishore, who is working in the same organization
You can see that sharing is successful.
Let me open the Power BI service with the Kishore account
Under the Shared With Me tab, you can check the Report that was shared by the user Suresh.
You can click on that report to see the report Visuals