In this article, we will show you the step by step approach to share a report in Power BI across your organization with practical example. Before we start this sharing, let me show you the existing reports in my Power BI workspace.
To view them, please click on the Power BI My Workspace, and then go to the Reports tab. As you can see from the below screenshot, currently there are three reports in my workspace.
In this example, we will share the Basic Reports in RPT1 report. Let me open the report to see the visuals in it.
How to Share a Report in Power BI
As you can see from the below screenshot, there are 22 pages in this report
In order to share this report, click on the Share button on Top right corner as we shown below.
Clicking the Share button will open the Share Report window.
- Grant To: Please provide the Email Ids to whom you want to share.
- Optional Message: You can write a Custom Message
- Allow recipient to share your report: This will allow recipient to share this report to other people in his team.
- Send Email Notification to recipient: Sends an email about this report.
- Share report with Current Filters and Slicers: This will share the report along with the Filters that I applied, and Slicers that i used.
Let me share this report with Kishore, who is working in the same organization
You can see that the sharing is successful.
Let me open the Power BI service with Kishore account
Under the Shared With Me tab, you can see the Report that was shared by Suresh.
You can click on that report to see the Visuals