In this article, we will show you, How to add Web Content to Power BI dashboard with practical example. For this demonstration, we are going to insert custom HTML code into the Sixth dashboard that we shown below.
How to add Web Content to Power BI Dashboard
In order to add custom HTML code or Web Content to Power BI dashboard, please click on the Add tile button
Clicking on the Add tile button will open the following window. Please select the Web Content under the Media section, and click Next button
Under the Add Web Content tile section, we have
- Display Title and subtitle: Please check mark this option to display the Web Content title and subtitle.
- Title: Specify the Web Content title
- Subtitle: Please provide the subtitle for this Web Content
- Embedded Code: You can write your custom in this text box
As you can see from the below screenshot, we added the Title, Subtitle and added HTML code (one heading, one paragraph). Next, click Apply button
Now you can see the HTML Page inside our Dashboard.
Let me edit the Web Content tile
As you can see from the below screenshot, it has few more options inside it
- Set Custom Link: Please check mark this option to provide custom link to this Web Content.
- External Link: If you select this option then you have to specify the External URL
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option then you have to select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace
- URL: Please provide the external video URL.
If you check mark this Set Custom Link then Web Content (HTML Code) that we specified in our previous step will remain same. However, it creates a Hyperlink which will link to another Web Page, or another dashboard or Report.
Let me add our POWER BI link as the External link
As you can see from the below screenshot, our custom HTML page is remained same. But, if you click the … on the top right corner will show you the Open Hyperlink option. Hover over this option will show you the link that it is targeted
Selecting that option will open the custom link that we provided
This time we are selecting Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option, and selected fourth dashboard
As you can see from the below screenshot, if you click the … on the top right corner will show you the Open Hyperlink option. let me click this link
Now you can see the Fourth dashboard.