Let me show you how to add Web Content to the Power BI dashboard with a practical example. For this Add Web Content to Power BI demonstration, we will insert custom HTML code into the Sixth dashboard we showed below.
How to add Web Content to Power BI Dashboard
To add custom HTML code or Web Content to the dashboard, please click on the Add tile button.
Clicking on the Add tile button opens the following window. Please select the Web Content under the Media section, and click the Next button.
Under the Add Web Content to Power BI Dashboard tile section, we have
- Display Title and subtitle: Please check mark this option to display the Web Content title and subtitle.
- Title: Specify the Web Content title
- Subtitle: Please provide the subtitle for this Web Content
- Embedded Code: You can write your custom in this Power BI text box
As you can see from the screenshot below, we added the Title, Subtitle and added HTML code (one heading, one paragraph). Next, click the Apply button.
Now you can see the HTML Page inside our Dashboard.
Let me edit the Web Content tile.
As you can see from the below screenshot, it has a few more options inside it.
- Set Custom Link: Please check mark this option to provide a custom link to this Web Content.
- External Link: If you select this option, then you have to specify the External URL
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option, then you have to choose the dashboard or a report from the current workspace
- URL: Please provide the external video URL.
If you checkmark this Set Custom Link, the Web Content (HTML Code) we specified in our previous step remains the same. However, it creates a hyperlink that links to another Web Page or another dashboard or Report.
Let me add our link as the External link.
As you can see from the screenshot below, our custom HTML page remains the same. But, if you click the … on the top right corner, it shows you the Open Hyperlink option. Hovering over this option reveals the link that is targeted.
Selecting that option opens the custom link we provided while adding Web Content to Power BI Dashboard.
This time we are selecting Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace option and set the fourth dashboard
As you can see from the screenshot below, clicking the … on the top right corner of the Power BI web content shows you the Open Hyperlink option. Let me click this link.
Now you can see the Fourth dashboard.