The ADO.NET Source in SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) is used to extract data from the Database using .Net provider. ADO.NET Source uses ADO.NET Connection Manger to connect with the Database.
Configuring ADO.NET Source in SSIS 2014
In this article we will show you, How to configure ADO.NET Source in the SQL Server Integration Services to extract data from the SQL Server Database.
Drag and drop the data flow task from the toolbox to control flow and change the name as Configuring ADO.NET Source in SSIS.
Double click on it will open data flow tab. Now, Drag and drop ADO.NET Source from SSIS toolbox into the data flow region
Double click on ADO.NET source in the data flow region will open the connection manager settings. If you haven’t created ADO.NET Connection Manger before click on the New button and configure it.
In this example we are selecting the already created ADO.NET Connection Manager. Please refer ADO.NET Connection Manger in SSIS article to understand, How to configure the ADO.NET Connection Manager
Data Access Mode: This property provides 2 options for us:
- Table Or View: If you select this option then, It will display the list of available Tables and Views present in the Database and our job is to select the required table or view.
- SQL Command: If you select this option then, We have to write the SQL Command on our own.
SQL Command option provides following options
- SQL Command Text: If you are familiar with SQL Queries then you can simply write it in the empty space provided by this option. In real-time we usually write queries in SQL Management Studio and then copy them in the SQL Command Text.
- Build Query: If you click on this option, it will open Query Designer to design the required query using Graphical User interface. Please refer Query Builder in SSIS article to understand, How to design SQL query using Query Designer.
- Browse: This will allow us to select the SQL Query present in the file system.
For the time being we are selecting the Table or View option here. If you selected this option then Name of the table or the View option will display all the available Tables and Views present in the current connection manager.
We are selecting the DimProduct table from the above mentioned list
Click on the preview button to see the data present in the table
Click on columns tab to verify the columns.
Click ok to finish configuring ADO.NET Source in SQL Server Integration Services.
NOTE: ADO.NET Source will convert the unmatched data types to the DT_NTEXT Data type.
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog