In this article, we will show you, How to Create a New SSRS report with an example. For this SQL reporting demonstration, We are going to use below shown Data Source and Data Set.
Create a New SSRS Report
We can create a report in multiple ways: Using report Wizard, and Normal Mode.
Create SSRS Report using Wizard
First, we will show you the first option, alter we will show the other option. Right click on the Report folder will open the context menu, and please select the first option Add New Report from the context menu.
Once you click on the Add New Report option, it will open the Report wizard as we shown in below screenshot. The first page is a Welcome screen. As we already explained the steps involved in creating a report using the wizard, Please refer Create a Report using Report Wizard article.
Create SSRS Report without using Wizard
In general, we don’t use the report wizard to generate any type of report. To create a report normally, first go to Solution Explorer. Next, within the solution explorer, Right click on Reports folder -> Add -> New Item
It will open the Add New Item window with all the available option. Please select the Report option and rename it as per your requirements.
Let me change the Report name to a more meaningful one (FirstReport.rdl)
Once you click on the Add button, a new report with the specified name will be generated as we shown below. If you observe the Report Data pane we have five different folders.
- Built-in Fields: These are the built-fields available in SSRS. You can use these items to show the page Numbers, Report Title etc.
- Parameters: Used this folder to create parameters. Later, these parameters will be used inside the report. Please refer Report Parameters article to understand the steps involved in creating parameters.
- Images: This is used to add images to the Report. Please refer Display Images Report article to understand the same.
- Data Sources: This folder is used to create an Embedded Data Source. Please refer to Embedded Data Source article.
- Datasets: This folder is used to create an Embedded DataSet. Please refer to the Embedded DataSet article.
From the below screenshot you can see the list of Report Items. We have to use these SSRS report items to create a report based on the client requirements.
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog