In this article, we will show you, How to add Video to Power BI dashboard with practical example. For this demonstration, we are going to insert YouTube video into the Sixth dashboard that we shown below.
How to add Video to Power BI Dashboard
In order to add Vimeo or YouTube video to the existing Power BI dashboard, please click on the Add tile button
Clicking on the Add tile button will open the following window. Please select the Video under the Media section, and click Next button
Under the Add Video tile section, we have
- Display Title and subtitle: Please check mark this option to display the Video title and subtitle.
- Title: Specify the Video title
- Subtitle: Please provide the subtitle for this video
- Video URL: Please provide the video URL. Remember, this will only accept YouTube or Vimeo videos
In this example, we want to insert YouTube video so, we added iphone X video. Click Apply button
Now you can see the Video inside our Dashboard.
By clicking that marked section, video will pop out of the Dashboard and play on bottom left corner
Let me edit the Video tile
As you can see from the below screenshot, it has few more options inside it
- Set Custom Link: Please check mark this option to provide custom link to this Video.
- External Link: If you select this option then you have to specify the Video URL
- Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace: If you select this option then you have to select the dashboard or a report from the current workspace
- URL: Please provide the external video URL.
If you check mark this Set Custom Link then YouTube video that we specified in our previous step will remain same. However, it creates a Hyperlink which will link to another Video, or another dashboard or Report.
Let me add another video as the External link
As you can see from the below screenshot, our iPhone X video is remained same. But, if you click the … on the top right corner will show you the Open Hyperlink option.
Selecting that option will open YouTube with another video