Creating a blog is all about providing Blog tile and selecting URL but the real process is creating or generating content that is unique and exiting. Blog posts on Blogger allows us to create or write our content. In our previous article we have shown you, How to Create a Blog on Blogger and this article we will show you, How to write a Blog Post on Blogger with example.
How to write a Blog Post on Blogger Platform
In order to write a Blog post on blogger, Please navigate to Posts section in your Blogger dashboard. If there are any existing posts then you can see them here otherwise you can see following image. Blogger blog allows us to add the content / create a new blog post in multiple ways: From the below screenshot you can observe that, We can click on New Post button or small pencil icon or Create a New post hyperlink text
Once you click on New Post, following window will be opened. Before we start writing our first blog post, let us see the option or buttons available in this section:
- Post Title: Here you have to specify the Post title that is relevant to the content.
- Publish: This button will help us to publish the newly created Post.
- Save: This button will help us to save the content. This option is very useful because we may write one paragraph in the morning session and another paragraph in the evening. Instead of publishing half content we can use this button to save it and once we finish we can publish.
- Preview: This button will help us to preview the content. It will show you, How it looks in real-time (uses Styles and Templates)
- Close: This button will help us to close the current post.
Blogger provides two Editors / environments for writing a blog post:
- Compose: This is similar to Microsoft Word. Here you can write the content without looking for HTML start or end tags. Following screenshot will show you the same. We don’t need any technical knowledge to use this editor.
- HTML: This is the proper HTML editor. If you are familiar and comfortable to write in HTML then use this editor. In general, we don’t use this editor unless you have already written your posts in HTML.
Following screenshot will show you the HTML editor.
Compose editor provides an option to select whether the text is normal paragraph or Heading or Subheading. Here you have to select the option as per your requirement.
From the below screenshot you can observe that, we added Heading, Subheading, Minor Heading and a paragraph under each heading. Before we preview the data let us see the HTML code that is automatically generated by the Blogger.
Following screenshot will show you the automatically generated HTML code for the above content. Click on the Preview button
Once you click on the Preview button, our blog will be opened and you can see our newly created post. If you are happy with the output then publish the article otherwise, edit as per your requirements. For now, we are publishing the content by clicking the Publish button
Once you click on the Publish button, it will ask whether you want to share the blog post on your Google Plus account or Not. We strictly recommand you to share so, Please Add required comments (if you want) and click Share button.
Edit Blog Post on Blogger
In order to edit the existing post, Please navigate to Posts section in your Blogger dashboard. Here you can see our newly published post and we will show you the step by step approach to edit this blog post.
From the following screenshot you can observe that, for every post we have four different options:
- Edit: This hyperlink will help you to edit the post content.
- View: This hyperlink will help you to view this post
- Share: It can help us to share this post in Google plus
- Delete: To delete this post
Here, we want to edit the blog post so, click on the Edit link as we shown below
Once you finish editing your post, Click on the Update button to update the original content. We strictly recommend you to click on the Preview button first and if everything is perfect then click on the Update button
Once you click on the Preview button, Our healthyrecipes927.blogspot.in blogger will be opened in preview mode.
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog