Configuring EXCEL Source in SSIS 2014
In this article we will show you, How to configure EXCEL Source in the SQL Server Integration Services to extract data from the Excel Worksheets.
Drag and drop the data flow task from the toolbox to control flow and change the name as Configuring EXCEL Source in SSIS 2014.
Double click on it will open data flow tab. Now, Drag and drop Excel Source from SSIS toolbox into the data flow region
Double click on Excel source in the data flow region will open the connection manager settings. If you haven’t created Excel Connection Manger before click on the New button and configure it.
In this example we are selecting the already created Excel Connection Manager. Please refer EXCEL Connection Manger in SSIS article to understand, How to configure the Excel Connection Manager
Data Access Mode: This property provides four options for us:
- Table Or View: If you select this option then, It will display the list of available Tables present in the Excel Worksheet and our job is to select the required tables from them.
- Table name Or View name variable: If you select this option then, We have to provide the variable name which holds the Table name or Views name.
- SQL Command: If you select this option then, We have to write the SQL Command on our own.
- SQL Command from variable: If you select this option then, We have to provide the variable name which holds the SQL Command.
SQL Command option provides following options
- SQL Command Text: If you are familiar with SQL Queries then you can simply write it in the empty space provided by this option.
- Build Query: If you click on this option, it will open Query Designer to design the required query using Graphical User interface. Please refer Query Builder in SSIS article to understand, How to design SQL query using Query Designer.
- Browse: This will allow us to select the SQL Query present in the file system.
- Parse Query: This option will check whether the query is successfully parsed or not
For the time being we are selecting the Table or View option here. If you selected this option then Name of the table or the View option will display all the available Tables and Views present in the current connection manager.
From the above screenshot you can observe that we selected the PRODUCTS table from the Excel Worksheet. Click on the preview button to see the data present in the table
Click on columns tab to verify the columns. We can also remove the unwanted columns by uncheck them.
Click ok to finish configuring EXCEL Source in SSIS.
To show the data inside the Excel Source, we are just adding the Union All and then enabled the Data Viewer.
Please execute the package to see the data inside the configured Excel Source
Thank You for Visiting Our Blog